There are so many different national and international sports are being played in Saudi Arabia but football is in the top of the list as compare to any other “sport in Saudi Arabia”, that’s you will found the maximum football stadiums and playgrounds in Saudi Arabia. Due to the passion of people of Saudi Arabia, the KSA government has built one of the biggest sport city in Jeddah which was completed in year 2014.
The King Abdullah Sports City is made to play multiple games but today it is more likely to known as a football stadium because football matches has been played most there.
Many people dont know but the nick name of “King Abdullah Sports City” is The Shining Jewel in English and al-Jawhara Al-Moshe’ah in Arabic (الجوهرة المشعة) due to its exclusive design and structure. Although there are many smaller venues are surrounding the main stadium where indoor games and sports has been played.
Facts of King Abdullah Sports City
While you can visit the King Abdullah Sports City and enjoy the matches there but there are many facts which you can only found on this page:
- The capacity of people who can seated in King Abdullah Sports City is more than 62,200+ where in 2014 in the match of Al-Ahli vs. Al-Shabab, total 62,241 record attendance has been noted.
- Total construction cost of King Abdullah Sports City is $560 million which makes this stadium one of the expensive stadium build in Saudi Arabia.
- King Abdullah Sports City is one of those stadium in the world where it was full seated on the very first day of the opening on May 1, 2014.
- There are six tennis courts in the King Abdullah Sports City and large indoor area for sports and other purposes.
- There are also six mosques in King Abdullah Sports City excluding one main mosque.
- The total area of Sports City is 3,000,000 square meter which makes this sports city the largest sport city/stadium of the country.
See Also :
- 10 Top Guinness World Records in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
- 11 Best & Top Places to visit in Jeddah
- 11 Interesting Facts about Jeddah Tower
King Abdullah Sports City Photos
King Abdullah Sports City Map
King Abdullah Sports City Address
Address: طريق الأمير طلال بن منصور بن عبدالعزيز، Jeddah 23737
Opened: May 1, 2014
Phone: 055 285 9189