The Abraj Al-Bait Towers is also known with the name of Makkah Royal Clock Tower Hotel. It is basically mentioned out to be the government-owned mega-tall building complex that is located in the place of Mecca, Saudi Arabia. These towers are basically coming across to be the part of the King Abdulaziz Endowment Project.
The best thing about it is that this central hotel building has been comprised of the world’s largest clock face. It is a proud fact for the Mecca that this building is considered to be the third tallest building and fourth tallest freestanding structure in the world.
What To Know About Clock Tower Makkah?
Abraj Al-Bait Towers is located at the few meters distance from the World’s largest mosque of the Masjid al-Haram. This complex has been developed and constructed beautifully by the Saudi Binladin Group that is the Kingdom’s largest construction company. It was build in the 18th century. It is constructed with the use of beautiful marble and use of the rocks.
Names of Four Face Clocks on Abraj Al-Bait Towers:
- On the top left side we have “Metropolitan Life Insurance Company Tower”.
- On the bottom left side we have “Allen-Bradley Clock Tower”.
- On the middle side we have “Abraj Al Bait”.
- On the top right side we have “Palace of Westminster clock tower”.
- On the bottom right side we have “Kremlin Clock”.
Main and Important Features of Clock Tower
This building has been comprised with the topping of the four face clocks that is visible enough at the distance of the 25 kilometers away.
- This clock has the height of about 400 meters as above the ground level.
- Each single face of the clock has the height of about 151 feet in diameter and is amazingly illuminated by 2 million LED lights.
- It is all accompanied with the amazing four oriented edges that is just above the clock alongside huge Arabic script reading: “Allah is great” located on the side of the north and south faces and on the west and east the Quran.
- Plus, it is also featuring with the four beautiful golden color domes that are located on top of the pillars of each single corner.
- On some of the special occasions, almost 16 bands of vertical lights are shoot at the distance of the 10 km high up into the sky.
- The clock’s four faces are hence all covered by means of the 98 million pieces of glass mosaics.
- Furthermore, the viewing side of the deck has been located at the height of the 558 meters as above the ground just as right under the crescent.
Abraj Al-Bait Towers As tallest structure in the world
Abraj Al-Bait Towers is standing at the 4th spot as being the tallest structures in the whole world. It has the height of about 601 meters. This structure has been located just as across the street to the south that is coming all the way from the entrance to the Masjid al Haram mosque. In order to handle and hence accommodate worshipers who are visiting the Kaaba, the Abraj Al-Bait Towers is offering with the service of the large size of the prayer room that can hold up to more than 10,000 people.
Service of Five Star Hotel in Abraj Al-Bait Towers:
This tallest tower is also offering out with the services of the five star hotel that is supervised at the best by Fairmont Hotels and Resorts. This hotel would be offering the customers with the service of the lodging to the pilgrims who do travel to Mecca annually to take part in Hajj.
Details About Abraj Al Bait Shopping Mall in Abraj Al-Bait Towers:
Abraj Al-Bait Towers is also offering out with the service of the five-story shopping mall known as Abraj Al Bait Mall. It is equipped with the service of the parking garage that can hold up to thousands of vehicles. he highest floor of the shopping mall is standing at the height of 450 meters. Clock is facing each side of the hotel tower. The clock faces has the measurement of 43 m × 43 m that is considered to be the largest in the world.
Abraj Al Bait in Mecca
These towers are the largest (but not the highest) or building in the world and form to be the tallest in Saudi Arabia with 485 meters at its completion. Particularly impressive is the location. The towers should stand opposite the entrance to the Masjid al-Haram. A large prayer hall should be in them, can come together in about 4,000 faithful worshiping. Furthermore, the building is a 5-star hotel, a four-story shopping mall and a parking deck, on which up to 800 cars will accommodate. Here they may also buy permanent living quarters, while two small helicopter landing places and a conference center to attract business.
Makkah Clock Tower Best View you never seen before (watch HD)
video via youtube