According to latest news, there are more than 15,000 cases related to drifting has been registered in past 1.5 years where the numbers of deaths and serious injuries are being increasing every year due to drifting and other traffic related violation every year in Saudi Arabia.
These drifting cases are not just limited to the citizens of Saudi Arabia but also committed by the expatriates as well but the traffic violation cases specially related to drifting are very low committed by expatriates.
Because there are very strict laws for them which can causes to have permanent banned on them to enter in Saudi Arabia.
To control the traffic violation and drifting, the traffic department has implemented the new regulations for both Saudi citizens and expatriates.
New traffic violation law and penalties in Saudi Arabia
According the new rules and regulations, the punishment and fines for breaking rules are:
- Fine for using illegal car number plate is SR3,000
- Fine for red light crossing is SR3,000
- Minimum fine for giving vehicle registration card to any person is SR1,000
- Maximum fine for giving vehicle registration card to any person is SR2,000
- Minimum fine for giving driver’s license as guarantee is SR1,000
- Minimum fine for giving driver’s license as guarantee is SR2,000
- Leaving the accident scene without inform to authorities can cause 3 months imprisonment or SR10,000 fine or both.
Penalties for Drifting in Saudi Arabia
- In case of first violation the vehicle will be seized for 15 day where the violator has to be fined of SR20,000
- In case of second violation the vehicle will be seized for 30 day where the violator has to be fined of SR40,000
- In case of first violation the vehicle will be seized permanently where the violator has to be fined of SR60,000
- Also other than these fines in case of drifting, the violator referred to court to decide the jail terms.
The new traffic rules will be effective from October 2 which makes Muharram 1st.