It has been two months since the penalties for traffic violation has been updated and increased in Saudi Arabia due to number of cases which has been reported each year.
Even on National Day of Saudi Arabia there were 40,000+ traffic violation recorded in single day. Recently traffic authorities of Saudi Arabia has further increased the penalties and fines for traffic violation including the fine for crossing red signal. see also : How to Convert UAE Driving License into Saudi Driving License
Details of new amendments traffic law in Saudi Arabia
The general amendment in traffic law is increase in fines. SR 1000/- fines increased to SR 2000/-, SR 3000/- has increased to SR 6000/- and SR 5000/- has increased to SR 10000/- on various traffic violation. Which means that the traffic violation fine which cost you SR 1000/- has increased to SR 2000/- and so on. check out : How to Apply for International Driving License in Saudi Arabia
Following is the further details about the new amendments of traffic law in Saudi Arabia including increase in fine and other penalties. see also : How to Get Lost Driving License in Saudi Arabia
Traffic violation fine of SR 1000/- to SR 2000/-
- Fail to wear helmet in case of motor cycle
- Stopping vehicle on railway tracks
- Using Istimara (driving licence) of another person while driving
- Using Istimara (driving licence) of another person on mortgage
- Hiding the number plate of vehicle
- Carrying more passengers as mentioned in Istimara.
Traffic violation fine of SR 3000/- to SR 6000/-
- Crossing red signal in Saudi Arabia
- Using wrong number plate in Saudi Arabia
- Using stickers on vehicle which is against public behavior
- Over taking school bus, specifically when students are getting in and out
- Tampering poles, reflectors and road sings
- Using accessories of emergency on official vehicles
- Failed to stop vehicle at check points.
Traffic violation fine of SR 5000/- to SR 10,000/-
- Doing unusually activities on road without the person from the authorities
- Attempt to hide or destroy the basic features of vehicle
- Drunk driving or use of any drug while driving.
Traffic violation fine of SR 10,000/- to three month jail
- Failed to inform about an accident to concerned department in which the driver is involved and not providing possible help to the injured. see also : Saudi Arabia Traffic Laws Penalties 2016